ONLINE TRAINING SYSTEM "PROTRAXX"
WHAT EMPLOYEES SHOULD DO WHEN AN INJURY OCCURS AT WORK
Attention RSU 24 EMPLOYEES
What should you do if a work injury occurs?
- Notify your supervisor as soon as possible and within 24 hours of injury;
- Complete an incident report within 24 hours;
- The Trenton Health Center located at 394 Bar Harbor Road in Trenton, telephone number 667-5841, is the preferred provider for our Occupational Health needs. The health center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. It is expected that all occupationally injured employees, unless it is an emergency situation, seek medical treatment through the Trenton Health Center. If the accident requires immediate treatment and occurs during times when the health center is closed, please go to the nearest medical facility. If the accident is an emergency go to the nearest emergency room. A follow-up exam may be required at the Trenton Health. Our request that you initially treat with this provider is authorized by law under the Maine Workers’ Compensation Act of 1992, §206. If you choose a medical provider other than one that is authorized, you may have to pay your own medical bills. After ten days from the inception of your health care, you may select a different health care provider by giving the RSU the name of the health care provider and a statement of intention to treat with the health care provider.
- Give the doctor as many details about your accident as possible;
- Follow your doctor’s instructions;
- Ask your doctor when you may return to work;
- Let your supervisor know how you are doing;
- Should you require a prescription, you may pick up a prescription card in the District Services Facility.
- Questions? Call the HR Manager at 422-2017, x107.
EMPLOYEE AND SUPERVISOR INCIDENT REPORTS TO COMPLETE WHEN INJURY OCCURS AT WORK
LUNCH BREAK MEMO